Current Available Positions
Join our newsletter
and follow us on Facebook
for updates and announcements on job openings and opportunities at chashama! We currently have openings for the following positions:
chashama seeks an experienced and passionate arts fundraising professional to join our team as Development Director. The Development Director will play an integral role in enabling chashama to realize its mission and achieve organizational sustainability. The Development Director will design and oversee the implementation of all aspects of a multi-faceted development platform that builds upon a highly successful annual gala, corporate sponsorships, individual donors, grants and government funding.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Provide leadership and initiative to Board and Staff for all fundraising programs and goals.
· Work closely with the Board of Directors and Artistic Director to develop multi-faceted development platform that includes annual gala and other special events, corporate sponsorships, individual donors, grants and government funding.
· Identify, foster, solicit, manage and sustain relationships with current and potential donors and sponsors (individual, corporate, foundation and government)
· Develop and manage an appropriately scaled and appointed development team.
· In collaboration with chashama’s staff, develop
o compelling narratives for annual report, grant proposals and reports.
o qualitative and quantitative evaluation measures for programs and organizational endeavors
o grant budgets, fundraising forecasts and budgets for annual benefit and other special events.
· Work with Artistic Director/Founder to develop strong and diverse Board of Directors
· Collaborate with chashama's staff to realize the strategic plan goals for organizational growth and sustainability.
· Attend organization events as requested to cultivate and develop relevant relationships, and generate interest, rapport and awareness for chashama's mission.
The ideal candidate is/has:
· 5+ years of experience in non-profit development.
· Direct experience and proven track record with special event planning and identifying, cultivating and securing major individual donors and corporate sponsors.
· Familiarity with grant funding and database management.
· A highly energetic, tenacious and optimistic individual.
· A strategic and creative thinker who is able to represent the organization in a variety of settings and leverage its accomplishments and assets to create donor-centric solicitations and engagement strategies.
· Able to engage with donors in a professional and compelling manner, and address their needs with sensitivity and confidence.
· Highly organized and can manage and prioritize competing demands and multiple projects.
· An excellent communicator, in person and in writing.
· A strong sense of initiative and accountability.
· Able to work independently and collaboratively.
· Familiar with arts funders (local, national, corporate and government) and non-profit cultural institutions.
FT, Exempt. Some nights, weekends, and flexibility required. Health and dental benefits, regular surprise lunches, "Summer Fridays," flexible PTO and an unheard of amount of paid holidays scheduled throughout the year (total # of annual days off equals over 4 weeks pre-set + 1 week flex to start after 3 months.
: Commensurate with experience, DOE. Ideal start date: early November 2016.
To apply, email a cover letter as a Word doc (explaining why you will love this job and why you would be an amazing Development Director), your resume (attached as a PDF, only), with subject line: Development Director, to email@example.com
Your cover letter must be no longer than 1 page, single spaced, 11 point Times New Roman font, 1” margins.
Please do not call to check on the status of the position.
We greatly appreciate your cooperation with this request.
chashama Jobs application guidelines
Please be advised that we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions. Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at chashama.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and we value diversity in our workplace.