Current Available Positions
Join our newsletter
and follow us on Facebook
for updates and announcements on job openings and opportunities at chashama! We currently have openings for the following positions:
chashama seeks an experienced and passionate arts fundraising professional to join our team as Grants Manager. The Grants Manager oversees and implements all aspects of institutional, government and corporate giving, and is a vital part of chashama's small but dedicated development department.
For 20 years, chashama has supported over 12,000 artists with space to create by transforming vacant properties into studio, exhibition, and performance space. Our goal is to make presentation and work space affordable and available to artists, and to help them sustain their creative practice through programs that promote their work and bolster their artistic and professional development. Every year we grant over $1.5 million in free space to visual and performing artists who live and work in New York City.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Managing and maintaining grants calendar and meeting proposal deadlines
• Developing effective and compelling narratives for proposals and reports to institutional, corporate, and government funders
• Developing materials to survey and present qualitative and quantitative program and organizational endeavors
• Work with programming and management team to oversee and develop government and foundation grant budgets.
• Building, managing, and sustaining relationships with current and potential donors
• Maintaining database with up-to-date information on institutional and individual prospects
• Facilitating internal grant deliverables and deadlines with chashama staff, and assisting with development of chashama's strategic plan for organizational growth and sustainability.
• Attend organization events as requested to cultivate and develop relevant relationships, and generate interest, rapport and awareness for chashama's mission.
• Minimum of 5 years related development experience in an arts-related non-profit organization
• Proven track record of writing successful institutional, corporate, and government grants
• Experience developing and maintaining relationships with funders at all levels, but especially with high level institutional funders
• Strong communication skills, including strong correspondence drafting skills, professional phone manner, and confidence and professional appearance in face to face meetings.
• Desire to work with senior staff on all aspects of organizational development, including assessing programming quality and strategic planning.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects
• Highly motivated and able to work independently, as well as collaboratively within a small team.
• Familiarity with NYC cultural organizations and institutions, as well as passion for and knowledge of contemporary NYC visual and performing arts.
While we envision this as a part-time position (28-32 hrs/wk or 4 day week), we are open to considering a more flexible schedule for the right candidate. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits and inordinate amount of PTO The ideal candidate will be available to start in the beginning of April.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and at a writing sample (in pdf format), with subject line: Grants Manager, to email@example.com. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we value diversity in our workplace.