|Internship Periods:||Apply by:|
|Winter/Spring Internships: January 1st - April 30th||December 15th|
|Spring/Summer: May 1st - August 30th||April 15th|
|Fall/Winter Internships: September 1st - December 31st||August 15th|
To apply for one of the following internships, submit a Cover Letter and Resume (in pdf format) to the email listed below for the internship you are applying to. Indicate which internship you are applying for in the subject of your email.
Responsibilities: Assisting the Programming Department with the management of the Workspace Program and Presentation Program; general administrative duties; assistance with documenting and cataloging incoming applications and artwork; maintaining artist database; supporting Programming Department with artist correspondence, site visits and meetings as needed; and assisting with special events as they arise such as open studio events, window and gallery exhibitions.
To apply, submit a Cover Letter and Resume (in PDF format) to email@example.com, with subject line: Program Internship.
Responsibilities: Conduct research on government, foundation, corporate and individual funders; upkeep of various grant records and data; gathering grant materials and assisting with submission deadlines; general department administrative needs; marketing projects as needed (newsletter, web copy, light graphic design); and fundraising event support.
To apply, submit a Cover Letter and Resume (in PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: Development and Admin Internship.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND MARKETING INTERNSHIP
SPECIAL EVENTS INTERNSHIP (PAID, stipend)
chashama's Special Events Intern is involved in an exciting range of development, production and administrative responsibilities surrounding chashama's Annual Gala and work closely with all departments as part of a small, active team.
· Assistance with the distribution of invitations
· Research and maintenance of active files and contact lists
· Handle time-sensitive in-coming/out-going mail and email
· Assistance with auction items
· Volunteer recruitment
· Event production assistance
· General administrative support
Professionalism and diplomacy are a must as the position requires interacting with donors, VIPs and special guests. The Special Events Internship provides great exposure to event production in a non-profit environment.
· Students or recent graduates with degrees in art history, liberal arts, arts administration, marketing, communications, business, or related degrees are encouraged to apply.
· Candidates should have a strong interest in New York City’s cultural landscape and a passion for the arts. Familiarity with non-profits, galleries, performance venues and arts administration is a plus.
· The candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, a strong sense of initiative, creative problem solving skills, and be highly organized.
· Fluency in MS Office, Google Applications and Windows OS. Familiarity with Adobe Design Suite preferred. Experience with Filemaker Pro or other databases a plus.
· Experience with event production and/or organizing fundraising events is a bonus, though not required.
Lunch and travel stipend provided. Class credit available.
3 days a week, 6-month commitment, flexible
Estimated Start Date: 3/1/2017
Application Deadline: 2/18/2017
To apply, submit a Cover Letter and Resume (in PDF format) to email@example.com, with subject line: Special Events Internship.
VISUAL ARTS INTERNSHIPS WITH OUR STUDIO ARTISTS
Are you interested in working directly with one of our resident artists? Several of our workspace artists are searching for motivated, committed and responsible interns to actively contribute to the creation of exhibitions and the development of their artwork. A range of skills and qualifications are needed, from marketing and product design, to art handling and artwork assistance, inside and outside of the artist's studio. Visual Arts students in particular are encouraged to apply for hands-on experience working with an artists' studio practice and creative process.
Available Visual Arts Internships are listed here. Interested individuals should contact the studio artist directly to apply. Internships with chashama's studio artists are offered as part of each individual artist's studio practice, and are not a part of chashama's regular internship program, and are not affiliated with the organization.