Please read carefully before submitting your application. Incomplete applications WILL NOT be considered.
The Residency @ chashama is our premier program for theater artists. Two theater companies will be selected for a three-week rehearsal residency at 208 E. 51st Street between March 2011 & May 2011 for the creation, rehearsal, and performance of a theater piece. Performances will be held in the through block of 42nd & 43rd Streets between Broadway and 6th Avenue (chashama recommends viewing the space before applying). You can download the application here.
Participants will be determined by a panel consisting of professionals from the NYC performing arts community and chashama staff, and evaluated according to quality of project and project feasibility.
Each company receives:
- 24 hour access to the rehearsal space
- 12 hour access to the performance venue: 8am-8pm, Monday-Friday
- equipment, technical, marketing and administrative assistance,
- $1,000 stipend
- selected companies to present a minimum of four (but up to as many as desired) public performances.
Residency #1: March 28 & April 24, 2011 (Rehearsal), April 25 & April 29, 2011 (Performance)
Residency #2: May 2 & May 22, 2011 (Rehearsal), May 23 & 27, 2011 (Performance)
Please submit 2 copies of each of the following materials:
- 3-page application form
- 1 page description of the project and its production/ fully portable design elements (if applicable)
- 1 page timeline with description of how you will use the rehearsal space and performance venue
- Resumes (not bios) of primary collaborators
- Completed script, if available, OR a breakdown of the action of the piece and sample scenes OR a breakdown of the action of the piece. *** No more than (20) pages of material. ***
- Work samples: up to 5 production photos, 10- minute work sample MAX (DO NOT submit anything more than 10 minutes long) on DVD/video CD/audio CD.
- Optional: Press and/or publicity materials from previous projects. Please send no more than 3 press articles and 2 examples of publicity material.
Groups/individual artists may apply for one project ONLY.
Please submit your application on WHITE 8.5" x 11" paper and staple or paper clip materials. All folders, binders, et. al .will be discarded. chashama no longer returns submitted materials.
Deadline: February 28, 2011 @ 5 PM
If you have questions about this application, please contact Janusz Jaworski at email@example.com.